Aurum Land (Private) Limited's Personal Data Protection Policy
Protection of your Personal Data is important to us and this Policy outlines how our management of your Personal Data is in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act in Singapore (No. 26 of 2012) ("the Act").
This Policy applies to Aurum Land (Private) Limited as well as its representatives and/or agents which will be referred to as "us", "we" or "our".
PDPA recognizes that both the rights of individuals to protect their personal data, including rights of access and correction, and the needs of organisations to collect, use or disclose personal data for legitimate and reasonable purposes.
Please read our Policy to understand the purpose in which we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
Aurum Land (Private) Limited may also update this Policy from time to time to be in line with new regulatory / legal requirements or business practices.
Personal Data refers to data about an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data and other info that the organisation has or is likely to have access. It covers both electronic and non-electronic data.
Examples of Personal Data may include your full name, NRIC or passport number, photograph or video of the individual, mobile telephone number, residential telephone number, personal email address, residential address or any other information relating to the individual.
You are to ensure that all Personal Data given to us is accurate at the point of time. If you are providing Personal Data relating to a their party such as your spouse, children, relative, etc., you are to ensure that consent has been given and that the information is accurate.
Collection of Personal Data
In general, we collect your Personal Data in the following ways:
- when you fill up our contact form/logbook
- when you enter into an agreement with us and provide relevant documentation or information
- when you interact with our staff, representatives or agents
- when you use our website
- when you request to be contacted through our marketing channels
- when you respond to our marketing promotions
- when you are captured on CCTV within our premise
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons
Purpose of collection and usage of Personal Data
In general, we collect your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity
- to conduct and complete transactions
- to handle business and administrative operations
- to provide customer service and support and answer to enquires
- to prevent, detect and investigate crime including fraud and money laundering
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations and assist in law enforcement
- to handle disputes and facilitate investigations and proceedings
- purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid
Purchase of Property
- When you purchase a property from our subsidiary or associate companies, you will be furnishing us with information including personal data so that we can process and execute the transaction. We may use the personal data collected for verification and validation purposes.
- We may also share the data that has been collected with third parties such as Woh Hup (Private) Limited, Managing Agents, and Infra Mobile Digital SDN BHD (Profix) including Governmental Agencies for the execution of the sales and purchase agreement. Additionally, we may also use online platforms to manage, monitor, and execute requests from you the purchasers of the property and this would inadvertently result in us storing the data. We would keep the data as per business and legal requirements and ensure that it is adequately protected from unauthorized access and ensure compliance with the obligations under the PDPA. As far as possible, we will only collect data that is required under the law for the processing and execution of the sales and purchase agreement and not for other purposes.
Disclosure of Personal Data
In general, your Personal Data will be disclosed to the following parties:
- our professional service providers contracted to provide administrative, financial, legal, accounting, information technology, research or any other services
- courts, tribunals, law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and other governmental agencies
- anyone whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and obligations
- any other party authorized by the individual, as specified by the individual or included in the contract
Personal Data Security
Aurum Land (Private) Limited has an appointed Data Protection Officer ("DPO") that ensures our compliance with the Act in respect to the Personal Data in our possession.
We will take reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data through digital, physical and operational security measures.
While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee that our systems will be immune to cyberattacks through hacking, viruses and spyware. Hence, you will not hold us liable for any disclosure and loss of Personal Data as a result.
We will retain your Personal Data as long as there is a legal and/or business requirement.
You can contact our DPO through email to email@example.com, addressing your enquiry to "Data Protection Officer"
- Keep your Personal Data accurate and up-to-date.
Please contact us when there is a change to your Personal Data so that we can update them in our system. We may need to verify the information given.
- Rights to access your Personal Data
Please contact us if you request to have access to your Personal Data and we will try to comply within reasonable means. A fee may be charged to recover the cost of responding to the access request.
- Rights to withdraw consent on your Personal Data
Please contact us if you request to withdraw consent on the usage of your Personal Data.
- Filing a compliant
Please contact us if you are in the opinion that Aurum Land (Private) Limited has breached the Act and our DPO will look into the matter promptly.